3 Shots from a recent trip to the Lakes

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Paul Turner, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Hi all, had a chance to visit the Lake District last week, these 3 are shot with the Fujifilm GFX 50S and converted to B&W in Lightroom.
    2 Trees at Tarn Howes B&W-1PSAdjuploadsmall.jpg

Lone Tree-1PSAdjuploadsmall.jpg

SQ Landscape B&W-1PSAdjuploadsmall.jpg

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Absolutely stunning, Paul! That first one is perfection. I love it, and it looks ideal in black and white. You clearly have a good eye for composition, and the exposure is perfect. The other two are not bad either :D

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thanks, the first one is my favourite as well but I sort of thought of them as a triptych. I took all of them with the Broni as well waiting for the films to come back but at the time I was doing a comparison between Provia and Velvia so both films are colour, they may convert in Lightroom though. I would normally have 1 back with colour and 1 with B&W but I was experimenting........

4. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Great set of pictures Paul. All very good, I too like the first the most. Can see the way the tree on the right has grown in response to the prevailing wind, gives a sense of movement to the image.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thanks Dave.

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Great set, Paul. I like the sense of isolation they convey. It'll be interesting to see how the film shots compare.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thanks Pete, I've got the films back now and will post some shots soon.

Pete Askew likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Those 2 Trees.

4b.jpg

The Lone Tree

5b.jpg

The Hills

6b.jpg

All on Provia 100F in the Bronica SQ-Ai

9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Lovely stuff, Paul. They have come out very well with cracking sharpness and gorgeous tones. Nice. :)

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thanks.

11. John Holland

John Holland Active Member

I like the color version of the last image the best - the clouds seem to catch my interest

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thamks.

13. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

I really like the B&W's. Great set, well composed, that makes me miss The Lakes!

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner Member

Thanks, I prefer the B&W's myself, I took the colour ones because I was doing a comparison between Velvia 100 and Provia 100F. BTW I prefer Provia.