A Rose

Discussion in 'Flora' started by Vic Shaw, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

Little bit bored today whilst waiting for some workmen to arrive, so as my daughter got given some flowers by an admirer I thought I'd take a quick snap of them. So here's cliché shot number two.

[​IMG]

Vic

2. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I really like it Vic - the detail in the flower makes a great image, and I like the treatment as well.

3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I agree, very, very nice. Quiet commercial too I would have thought.

4. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I think cliche or not its very well done.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

And it reminded me of this shot

[​IMG]

Leica MP / 35 f2, Ilford Delta 400 / MGIV

6. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

is that yours Pete?

7. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

It is indeed! Shot in Berlin and it is actually a shiny sculpture with shadow of a friend reaching towards it. Looks at bit better as a 16"x12" print mind! It's small 'cos I copied it from here (http://www.babelsberg-studio.com/bw1/) as I didn't have the scans to hand hence the small size. Uncanny resemblance though don't you think?

8. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

thats a neat shot, I like it. Great simple B&W that says/asks a lot. A I bet it makes a great print. Unlike mine which is very twee!

9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

The funny thing about the shot is that I finally got round to printing it about a year after I shot it and when I put the strip on the lightbox I thought "What on earth is that?!". It wasn't until I looked at the shots either side that it dawned on me. It was taken near the Sony Centre at Potsdamer Platz a few years ago.

10. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

Just what other little gems do you have tucked away?

11. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

i did a rose picture like this ... and in fact one of only 2 painting i have attempted is in the same vein ...
    its an attractive thing to look at i think ...
    it might be a little clichéd but these things happen for a reason ... (excuding "zen stones" as i call it which is the worst interior decoration cliche known to man)

12. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Ah, but don't forget that old proverb though, "People who live in glass houses never throw Zen Stones". It's the ones outside!!

13. Alastair Cummins

Alastair Cummins New Member

Flower shots arnt my usual kind of thing, but I really like this :D