A Twig

Discussion in 'Flora' started by Vic Shaw, May 2, 2011.

1. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

I was sitting out in the garden the other day ( drinking champagne of all things) and I got a little bored so I started to make a set of pictures with just the leaves from various plants/trees, This is the second attempt as the first one I didn't get right at all. This time I set up the little portable light tent etc. I used one light positioned 92million miles away upper right.

[​IMG]

Vic

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

You should ahve moved that light back a bit but...

Like the isolation and the desaturated PP although I'd probably try to tone down those highligts a spot myself.

3. Vic Shaw

Vic Shaw Senior Member

I did think about the highlights a little, so I guess I dhould have...must have a rule If I consider it do it..

I would have moved the light source back a bit, but I couldn't find my ladders, my real ladders that is not my step ladders.

4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What about a long stick or several broom handles tied togther and then just giving it a bit of a nudge?! Works with my softbox!! :)

5. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Or you could just wait until later on in the year, I've heard its further away then. Or move to the moon.

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

You might need to put the twig in a jar of water in the meantime though (and tie a poly bag round it if you are planning on a lunar relocation, Oh and don't let the estate agent trick you into buying on the dark side!!). Aren't we all so helpful. :)

7. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Vic - nice idea with the light tent - it produces an interesting effect AND allows you to work on sunny days, which is a plus.

You planning to show us some more taken with this kit?