Abandoned

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Rhonda Smith, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Rhonda Smith

Rhonda Smith Active Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Very small there, RJ. Can you make them bigger? They look good.

And what did you use to take them?

3. Rhonda Smith

The 1st 2 with Canon 20D and the last one with Nikon8800.
    Getting a Canon T7 very soon. Just waiting for my husband to decide what he wants. He wants a full frame instead of the APS-C CMOS Sensor, but has not decided which camera yet.

4. Rob MacKillop

Bigger now, and more revealing. I love the old sled, with its beautiful weathering. All very good shots, RJ.

Canon T7, eh? You old rebel, you! ;)

5. Rhonda Smith

Hahahahaha.. Thank you, Rob. The Canon I have, is no longer supported and therefore in the market for a new one. The hot shoe is bust and it has nearly reached its' end anyway. The Nikon is still going, but I like to have the option of which camera to take out depending on my daily schedule. Also sent out a couple rolls B/W to develop.They should be done this week or early next.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  6. Rob MacKillop

I look forward to the film shots. I shoot both digital and film myself, but I've noticed that the ones I choose for large-ish prints are almost all film. Not sure why that's the case, but that's the way it has worked out.

7. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Three fine pictures. That is a fascinating old building.

8. Rhonda Smith

It was an old ice cream shop. Shame it went to ruins. On the other hand I would not have been able to capture its dereliction.

9. Rhonda Smith

Rob, one of the films came back today and turns out it had been an unused roll. (one I had doubts about anyway). They tried to charge me $10.43 for it. I refused/declined and told them to destroy it.

Pete Askew likes this.
  10. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Lovely study, Rhonda. I especially like the last one and the way it sits in the frame. Have you considered correcting the verticals in PS?