Autumn around the corner

Discussion in 'Flora' started by Rudi Venter, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Rudi Venter

Rudi Venter New Member

After a night and morning of rain I took a walk around my garden this afternoon mostly looking for mushrooms and fungi. What caught my eye was a leave starting to change color, with almost everything still green this stood out clearly.

[​IMG]

And a bit more detail

[​IMG]

Due to the low light these shots were taken at high ISO (1250) but the noise, even with no noise removal is not bad.

In a few weeks the garden should be filled with color! Will be doing more regular rounds with my faithful co-explorer (A cat called Kazimir :)

Thanks for looking!
    Rudi

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Nice. And great colours. I like the first shot best. Looks like it might be a contender for the wide open theme too!

3. Rudi Venter

Rudi Venter New Member

Thanks Pete!

These were shot with a Sigma 150 Macro at f4.5 so the DOF is rather shallow, as I was shooting hand held I had the camera on AI Servo to compensate for the leave's (and my) movement/swaying!

4. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

Thats a wonderful red isn't it... It must be quite spectacular when there are whole trees that colour!

5. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Love the backlighting to get the internal leaf detail, and the cool green colour temp of the over all image as it contrasts with the red.