Bridge to the ballpark

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Chris Dodkin, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Darren Bradley

Darren Bradley Active Member

Thanks Chris! Hey, when are we going shooting? I have some time this afternoon if you're around...

2. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I have meetings through 2pm, so not sure how the pm will work out - I'll drop you a line later

Was planning to attend the Top Gun event at Oceanside tonight and take the camera - just in case!

3. Darren Bradley

OK, send me a note. No worries if it doesn't work out. We'll find a time soon. Have fun at the Top Gun event, in any case!

4. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

Ooo I do like the bridge one!!

Did you 2 know each other before ... ? ... I can't remember...

5. Darren Bradley

We actually met in the parking garage adjacent to this bridge one afternoon when we both decided it looked like a good place to shoot.

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Someone is going to make a comment here. But it's not going to be me!! Parking lot, chance encounters, both carrying tripods... :)

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  7. Chris Dodkin

Pete - you need to stop reading those romance novels!

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

There's nowt wrong with a spot of Mills and Boone of an evening!!.

"He could tell, just with a casual glance, that the bulges in the camera bag were caused by a set of fine, fast prime lenses and he could not but be impressed by the smooth sheen of the tripods centre column as it was caught by the last rays of the setting sun as they angled into the open side of the parking garage. Feeling eyes on him, the other photographer looked up from the hot-shoe mounted spirit level he had been concentrating on..."

9. Chris Dodkin

you're a sick man!

10. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

11. Darren Bradley

If that's Pete's idea of romance, he's obviously been spending too much time in Germany..

12. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

More likely because I've been stuck in the UK for the last 4 weeks!! And I haven't bought any camera equipment for at least a week...

Actually Darren, while I have your attention, have you ever used Dedolights to light interiors?

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  13. Darren Bradley

The French view of both the Brits and the Germans in that regard is about the same, frankly!

14. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Time to move on I think!! :)

I suspect you missed my edit above. Have you ever used Dedolights to light interiors Darren? I'm looking to get some portable continuous lighting units and these seem to tick quite a few boxes but I have no experience of them.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  15. Darren Bradley

Oh, I missed that, sorry. I never have, but will ask around.

16. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Thanks Darren. Despite being developed initially in Munich they are more common in the US (mostly film making) and the company is based in your neck of the woods. Any feedback on their use for stills would be greatly appreciated.

17. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Chris's aperture has never been the same since! ..............................If you can't beat em, join em!!

18. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

my oh my the possibility for double entendre is almost endless ...
    i shall resist!

19. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

That reminds me of a joke.

A young lady goes into a pub and asks the barman for a double entendre. So, he gives her one!!

And no, I'm not giving up the day job!!

20. Chris Dodkin

And Pete Askew will be at the end of the Pier all summer long, including matinees on weekends! :)