Colour Tulips

Discussion in 'Flora' started by Rense Haveman, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Rense Haveman

Rense Haveman Well-Known Member

I like the B&W Tulips by Mr MacKillop, but this morning I found some coloured ones!
    Helios 44M 58mm F2 on my Pentax K-5

[​IMG]
    Tulipa
    by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Beautifully delicate, Rense. Shame about the OOF stem top left.

Rense Haveman likes this.
  3. Rense Haveman

Thank you, Pete! It's a leaf though... :D and kept there on purpose :eek:. Probably not a good idea?

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Black and white ARE colours!

Nice shot. I'm also unsure about the leaf. Sorry!

5. Rense Haveman

You mean: I dislike the leaf....:p
    After visiting international fora for many years, I understand British. It's a peculiar kind of language, where one never says what is meant, afraid as its native speakers are for the tender and vulnerable souls of the ones who are spoken to. What I didn't know that there are even Scots who practice this language.... One's never to old to learn....

6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

It's not a national thing. It's called being nice.

7. Rense Haveman

One could question that, you know...

I think the Brits are very uneasy with giving comments. Which is nice, but also rather difficult to understand for most Continentals. Especially the Dutch and the Danes, I think.

You could also say that it is nice to comment that you dislike the leaf: it gives me the opportunity to grow, to improve. Which IS nice.
    Therefore, I like to understand the 'under the surface language'....

8. I love Tulips! You made my day Rense, by sharing such a beautiful picture!

Your shot is very beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing photo! :)

9. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

There have been books written about "under the surface" language. Diplomatic advisors are well paid to carefully read through speeches and try to work out what was actually being said.

That is a beautiful, delicate picture. I do agree with others about the leaf; it pulls the eye up and to the left away from the central flowers which are the key part of the image.

10. Rense Haveman

Thank you Dave! Sorry for the late answer, but I needed time to read your reply as carefully as possible..... :D

Dave Farnes and Pete Askew like this.