Hello from central Arizona

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Henry Larson, May 9, 2017.

1. Henry Larson

Henry Larson New Member

I am new to this forum. I have just returned from a 7 year journey into digital. I started shooting pictures in 1954 with a Kodak pony 135. I have used a twin lend Yashicamat, Sinar F view, 1947 Speedgraphic pacemaker and my favorite the Mamiya Rb67. A few years ago due to the high cost of film i talked myself into going into digital with a canon 20D. I liked the results but they never quite came up to my film quality expectations. However I then invested in a T5i which I like because I can shoot video with it but it still isn't film. So now I am returning to film wit my RB67 as my primary camera and my Sinar (120 roll film adapter) and my Speed Graphic(120 roll film adapter. I hope to make friends on this forum and at 81 years of age I hope you welcome me. Later gater

Pete Askew likes this.
  2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Hi Henry. Great to see you here. I sold my RB67 a year or so ago, finding it just too big for carrying around, but I loved the camera. I look forward to seeing some of your images, old or new. Best wishes from Edinburgh!

3. John Holland

John Holland Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Henry. The Canon 20D was my first entry into DSLR as well. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

4. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

From a Mr. Larsen to a Mr. Larson, a very welcome to you sir. Looking forward to your film entries Henry. It's the outcome that counts I guess and there are film lovers here as well as other lovers.:D Cheers to you.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Welcome to RPF, Henry. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here and I'm certainly looking forward to discussing photography with and sharing images.

6. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

hello henry.

7. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Hi Henry, welcome.

8. Rob MacKillop

Hi Henry. I see you've placed an image in the Showcase area. That's fine, but you might wish to create a new post for it (as is more usual) and will therefore get comments from the rabble here :) And I for one, think it's a fine image indeed!

Julian de'Courcy likes this.
  9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

10. Julian de'Courcy

For clarity Rob, I have never posted a showcase image. Because I've not known why and when to post there. Is it for those images that one pats ones own back and think wow did I really take that, in disbelief ? If so I understand now why Ive not posted there :D

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  11. Rob MacKillop

Well, Pete posts there, so who knows what it means! :p:D

Julian de'Courcy and Pete Askew like this.
  12. Julian de'Courcy

It's Pete's place ;)

Pete Askew and Rob MacKillop like this.
  13. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin