iceland

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Beth Anthony, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i spent the last two weeks of september in iceland. still editing photos, but here's a few.

keflavik lighthouse, after the plane ride. the only day i was up for sunrise.
    [​IMG]

skogafoss waterfall
    [​IMG]

hofskirkja and the surrounding dead people
    [​IMG]

diamond beach - a truly original image of ice on a black sand beach. ;)
    [​IMG]

vestrahorn
    [​IMG]

i missed most of the east due to heavy fog and rain.

a drone shot of a lighthouse on the trollaskagi peninsula in the north
    [​IMG]

budakirkja on the snaefellsnes peninsula on the west coast
    [​IMG]

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Not much ice...It's definitely a place I woukd like to visit. Thanks, Beth, for reminding me!

3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

A agree. And a lovely set of images. I love the muted palette in the last.

4. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

What a stunning set of pictures! Vestrahorn is particularly appealing to me. The tones in the waterfall image are what I imagine Icelandic tones to be when I think of Iceland. (<--What a nonsense statement,...but I stand by it!) And the last one, of the church and the big sky, is gorgeous.

Have you become a drone pilot, Beth?

5. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

Great set Beth, especially Vestrahorn. They show why Iceland has become so popular with photographers.

6. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

A beautiful set of pictures of a beautiful place. Well done!

7. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i wouldn't know if it were icy. half of the trip was so foggy we couldn't see the road, much less the ice. still, very pretty and very much worth visiting.

thanks. the muted colors go well with the icelandic scenery.

i know what you mean, there's a certain look to photos from iceland. i always figured everyone processed images to look a certain way, but the colors really are muted in certain light. the black soil has a lot to do with it.

had to get the drone pilot certification for work, figured i might as well make the most of it and picked up a mavic 2 pro. flying in an airplane with that thing is a hassle.

thanks milan. the vestrahorn photos almost didn't happen. it was really foggy that day so i almost skipped it since we had to pay to get in. but i guess the sea breeze kept the peninsula clear.

thanks dave.