New member from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Eric Smith, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Eric Smith

Eric Smith New Member

They say that "everything old is new again" and so it is with me. I started my photographic journey with my dad's Kodak 35 RF. I did the normal progression to a Canon FTBn and then dabbled in medium format with a Kowa 66 and Pentax 645. Back to 35mm with a Nikon 6006 and then into the digital world with a Nikon D100 and D90. Then came the Fujifilm 100, X-E2, T1, X70, and finally the X-Pro2.

After stumbling upon 35mmc.com, the bug was planted to go back to film. What started a few months back with a Nikon 8008s from eBay has balloned into a fairly large collection of vintage cameras. They all work and are all in great shape.

Right now, I am enjoying my Fujitsu GA 645, Nikon S2, and Zeus Ikon Tenax. I will post some images soon.

I was lucky to find a local camera repair shop that can repair just about anything. Don't know where this will take me, but I am having a blast!

2. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Welcome to RPF, Eric. I'm glad you found us (and Hamish's main site). There are several users of film here so I'm sure you'll have fun.

3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Hi Eric. Great to have you here. Dive right in, and swim around!

Pete Askew likes this.
  4. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Greetings Eric, looking forward to seeing some of your images.

5. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum.

6. Tony Britton

Tony Britton Active Member

Hello Eric. Welcome!

Tony

7. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

I'll also join in to the welcome choir and looking forward to your contributions, up here in Norway! A very welcome to you.

8. Julian de'Courcy

Julian de'Courcy Well-Known Member

Welcome Eric ,

9. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Welcome to RPF Eric. I'm not far from you (Huntington Beach). Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Oh,...nearly forgot to ask: Who/where is the camera repair shop you mentioned? Thanks.

10. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. I still have a Nikon 8008s lying around the house and a data back for it!

Looking forward to the images.