Over Under Sideways Down

Discussion in 'Street' started by Chris Bennett, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Chris Bennett

Chris Bennett Well-Known Member

Over Under Sideways Down.JPG

I got some films shot on my recent trip to Madeira back from processing. I have been really wanting to know how this one turned out.

2. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

Looks like a shot from a surveillance camera. Who is Mr Big about to meet up with I wonder?

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  3. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

He's a shadowy character, for sure.

Nice one, Chris. Do you get paid for surveilance? Or is it just a weird hobby? ;)

4. Chris Bennett

I am sure I don't know what you people are talking about. I simply have a perfectly healthy interest in plastic cable clips. All that other stuff is just 'noise'.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

That is very effective and full of intrigue. I also like the contrast between the straight lines and the meandering cable(?).

6. Chris Bennett

Thanks for the comments guys.
    I like the confusion it sets up. The information in the foreground is in conflict with what you see in the background. I know the plane in which the gap that the shot was taken through, is horizontal (a roof), yet it looks vertical. When you study the positions of the tables and chairs, you come to realise that, but part of you still can't accept it.
    It also first appears that you're looking upwards through the slot, yet it can only have been a downwards view.
    I also like the way the lighter coloured thin stripe gives the impression that the view might through a window. Again, on looking closer, you realise that, of course, that line is on the ground.

7. Chris Bennett

...and I'm a big fan of the cable clips.

Pete Askew likes this.