Critique Welcomed Phoenix

Discussion in 'General' started by Milan Vjestica, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Milan Vjestica

Milan Vjestica Well-Known Member

Chris Bennett likes this.
  2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Perfect! Good title too.

3. Milan Vjestica

Thank you Sir.

4. John Holland

John Holland Well-Known Member

Timing and composition are spot on.

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Absolutely. Wonderful shot, Milan.

I hope the fires are not affecting you too much.

6. Chris Bennett

Chris Bennett Well-Known Member

That is fantastic, Milan.

7. Milan Vjestica

Thank you gentlemen.

8. Milan Vjestica

Hi Pete,

Where I am is safe at present. The extent of the fires and how they are spreading is a cause for concern. A couple of towns have been isolated. We live right next to a National Park so are ever watching and waiting. The air is a bit smokey in most places. The firefighters are doing an amazing job in extreme circumstances and have been for a couple of months. Fatigue is now a real issue for them. There is also some international help from the USA and Canada: some of those people have given up Christmas with their families to help our firefighters.

9. Rhonda Smith

Rhonda Smith Active Member

My Husbands son and wife live in Brisbane. We have been monitoring the fires closely. Terrible damage. Glad to hear our country has pitched in. The people of Australia are in our prayers.

As for the photo, Superb timing. Fireworks are not as easy as some might think. Kudos to you!

Milan Vjestica likes this.
  10. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

My cousin and his family had to flee the campsite they were holidaying at, and sadly had to leave horses behind. The death toll on animals, insects, etc, is beyond imagining. A tragedy.

11. Rhonda Smith

Rhonda Smith Active Member

So sorry to hear that Rob. At least They are safe. You can replace material things but, family is everything.

Rob MacKillop and Milan Vjestica like this.
  12. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful picture.

What is happening to the country is a tragedy, I greatly admire the courage and fortitude of the firefighters.

13. Milan Vjestica

Thanks Dave.

The work of the Firies and all of the supporting services, Ambulance, Police, and the ADF, is outstanding. Help from USA and Canada, who have sent Firefighters over is also greatly appreciated.

We have several more weeks of peak bushfire season to go.