Slowly Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Paul Lange, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Due to resurfacing the usual road I take to work was closed. I found this old brick barn on the detour route and had to come back for a few shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mike Milton

Mike Milton Member

Isn't it great how serendipity give us such gifts!

3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What a great building Paul and a nice series. Worth exploring further I'd say.

Do you use LR?

4. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Cheers guys,

I'm now a LR user since we discovered that Kerri, as a Teachers Assistant only had to pay £66 for it! She just ordered it online and uploaded her ID and a few days later we got the down access and SN!

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

6. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Cheers Pete, I'll have a look.

7. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Love a bit of decay photography - very nice looking building

The window is really strong, but I'm liking the texture of the crumbled brick as well

if you get to revisit - how about something more side-on with the brick, get more idea of relief and texture?

8. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Yep, you two have convinced me to go back. I wasn't planning on doing any more mad things like photographing old buildings that everyone thinks are eyesores........honest!

9. Chris Dodkin

There's a group over here in San Diego that do nothing else but find abandoned and decaying buildings to shoot and explore - looks great fun

http://www.abandonedsandiego.com/

10. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

11. Chris Dodkin

Nice find Pete - will enjoy having a browse through that later :)

12. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

Had another crack today at the barn but this time with the P7000. Used a different PP this time, a bit of CP but with the oranges and yellows desaturated a bit.

The outside.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The windows
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as a bit of experimentation for my project (on another thread) I took some shots of the inside but using the window frame to frame the image. Because it was dark inside and bright outside the frames washed out almost completely. I experimented a bit with the cropping to put the frame in differing positions.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  13. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

That bunny is well weird Paul!
    I like some of these mate, I'm not sure if they are slightly over complicated with the pp and odd framing?! Although I can see you getting to grips with the idea more I think!
    I'd get my bum in there with that new 35mm lens and pick some individual items out with some shallow Dof, but that's just me ;)

14. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I really like that last shot Paul. Weird rabbit, cobwebs etc. Superbly surreal and I like the crack of light coming round the door. Shame you couldn't keep a touch of detail on the broken glass though. I'm not even going to use the square crop words!! ;)

15. Chris Dodkin

Looks like a bunny sacrifice - very spooky!

16. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Maybe it's a lure for the modern photographer. Let's hope it doesn't end up like The Wicker Man (or if it does, that someone at least gets some decent shots! :) ).

17. Hamish Gill

BOOOBIES!

18. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Er, is the stress getting to you Hamish?!!

19. Chris Dodkin

Where?

20. Hamish Gill

I little actually today yes ...

in the wickerman ... it was made in the 70's all films made in the 70's have boobies in dont they?

[​IMG]