Critique Welcomed The Crystal Bridge Conservatory

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Brian Moore, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

A couple of shots of the Crystal Bridge Conservatory, which is located in the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City. Opened in 1988. Architect: I. M. Pei.

Shots made with the (ex-MacKillop) Sigma DP1 Merrill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Interesting building, Brian, and well captured. Incredibly sharp lens, and tons of detail. Any shots from inside?

Brian Moore likes this.
  3. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Rob. Typical business trip. Wandering/sightseeing in the early morning before work (and before typical opening times), as was the case here, or late afternoon/early evening after work (after things have typically closed for the day). Inside is a tropical wet zone at one end and a tropical dry zone at the other. Would love to get inside if I'm there at a good tourist time on my next visit.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  4. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What a striking building and I like the shots very much.

Brian Moore likes this.
  5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Thanks Pete. The DP1 Merrill is a frustrating camera. As @Rob MacKillop may attest, it's slow to focus, slow to process images in camera, eats batteries like a pacman, and requires an annoying proprietary software to process the RAW images. In short,...its a pain in the ass to shoot. But the image quality,...oh, the image quality,...

6. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Sell it to someone you want to annoy. That's what I did. Oops...:oops::D

Brian Moore likes this.
  7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

Cheeky bugger! :mad:

Rob MacKillop likes this.