Winter Grass

Discussion in 'Flora' started by Kev Pugh, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Kev Pugh

Kev Pugh Well-Known Member

Another from the Wetlands

[​IMG]
    Winter Grass by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

The PP is done in Fuji's Silkypix RAF RAW file converter, something I didn't like but having played with it it has some nice little tweaky sliders...:D

2. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

3. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Loving it - I like the the way you've got really low to make the grass stand out against the skyline, and then the B&W treatment really works here.

4. Kev Pugh

Thanks Guys, Chris I was actually stood to take this and I'm Six Foot Four :D:D, the trees behind are on the far bank of the river, amazing how we perceive things and to be honest how you have seen it is exactly how I perceived it to be...the pp is part preset and part manual tweaks to suit ..thanks again

5. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Kev - you have the world's tallest grass in your neck 'o the woods! :D

6. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Love the tones and composition Kev but I find the softness of the vignette a bit at odds with the sharpness of the grass. I'm missing some grain or similar I think.

7. Kev Pugh

Cheers Pete seeing you point could probably do with some grain thanks

8. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I must admit I am not too sure about the vignette but the way the image is layered works really well, especially with the toning used.

9. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

I'm with Paul I think!
    I'm not shy of te odd vignette, but I think this sort of thing works when it's a bit more stark as opposed to closed in ... Does that make sence?