Wrath of the Gods

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Pete Askew, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Thanks guys. And I didn't even get wet!!

I knew the spots were there Paul but was waiting for the final idea to deal with them. Despite having cleaned the sensor 3 times since coming back from Greece there is still some dust in there somewhere thanks to the over-zealous security in Athens on the way to Delos wanting to peer into the bodies. Blanka made a fuss and nearly ended up getting searched herself!!

2. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I had some luck when cleaning the P7000 using the hoover. I just kept putting over the camera until it stuck and the pulled it away. Managed to remove most of the dust after about 5 mins.

3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

And you still had a shutter?!! I bought a Sensor Vac a few years ago. Rubbish! It doesn't do anything. The best system I have found is the Visible Dust system (http://www.visibledust.com/). The swabs are good as are their fluids. Not completely convinced by the brushes though but the sensor loupes are extremely useful.

4. Hamish Gill

Hamish Gill Well-Known Member

YES!! Visible dust are the only ones I have found to really work!
    Hama green clean are pretty good too ... Other than those, I have experienced a lot of crap ones!!!

5. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

I agree, the Green Clean does actually suck things up if they aren't stuck to the sensor and I usually use this first and in the surrounding chamber. Then a Visible Dust sensor swab with their fluid followed by another with Smear Away.

6. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Sounds like some dodgy medical procedure!

Still never done anything other than used my rocket blower - might pop the 5D2 by Canon for a clean though - it's getting spotty.

7. Katherine Lihou

Katherine Lihou New Member

Love those shots. Still can't decide between the coloured and the toned one. Also looking forward to seeing Blanka's photos too :)

Noticed my first dust spec yesterday. Does that mean I'm a real photographer now? I didn't feel like a real bodhran player until the drum was covered with dark grime.... Just kidding of course; still rubbish at both, but enjoy the learning process like nothing else :)

8. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

I some telescopes I have seen they stick double sided adhesive pads inside so that any dust that does get in will hopefully get stuck to the pads before it can get to the lens. Just thought I would share that thought, maybe it's possibles with cameras.

9. Bryan Hunt

Bryan Hunt Member

Stunning image Pete

10. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Paul - the 5D2 has sticky pads that capture the dust after the sensor vibration system shakes it loose

Well, that's the theory any way

11. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

What no nanobots with little pincers and shoulder bags?! Canon technology eh!! Pah! :)