Critique Welcomed Zeke, Feline Senior

Discussion in 'Animals and Wildlife' started by Keith Hollister, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister Active Member

Zeke, our old guy of 16 years, who was rescued as a kitten. Not the brightest bulb but he is handsome. X-E2, 60mm/2.4 @ f/3.2, 1/8sec, ISO 3200. I braced the camera on an ottoman to take the shot (it was really dark, but Zeke was being a statue, so ...)

[​IMG]

2. Lesley Jones

Lesley Jones Otherwise know as Zooey

I think this is the first time someone has used an ottomanpod in the forum. Well done for that and a stunning photograph to boot! :)

Brian Moore and Rob MacKillop like this.
  3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Gorgeous cat and a gorgeous shot - you can tell he knows he looks good! Might be nice to tone down that blue highlight though. What do you think?

4. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Agree with Pete about the blue on the right, but otherwise ten out of ten. Beautiful!

5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

I think you're right, Lesley. I have seen no evidence of the use of an ottomanpod heretofore. This may be a first!

Fine image, Keith. He is indeed a handsome fellow. I think I agree with Pete, too. However, as I go back to the image and I find that his handsome countenance prevents the blue thing from upstaging him too much.

6. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

I do like the eye contact - he's deciding if he's going to allow you to continue :D

7. Glenn Clabo

Glenn Clabo Well-Known Member

Well now...at least your cat and I have one thing in common. I'm betting you know which one...eh?
    All kidding aside...stunning portrait of the ol' feline. Nice work.

8. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister Active Member

Knocked the blue highlight down - thanks for the comments, folks. I couldn't get it down anymore without doing something a lot more complicated - if I reduced the sat or lim any more it starts to posterize with the HSL tool.

Brian Moore likes this.
  9. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Definitely draws the eye less now though.

10. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

i'm not sure, he looks like he's about to kill you. then again, most cat's usually look like they're plotting to kill you in your sleep.

11. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

a good portrait endeed. A much better one than of some characters I've seen to the left here.

12. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

You are funny, Ivar :)