Critique Welcomed The Comcast Center, Philadelphia

Brian Moore

The second tallest building in Philadelphia. Completed in 2008. Photographed near sundown on May 24, 2018.

Sigma DP1 Merrill.

The lines of the building on the left, and the flag pole on the right, leaning away as they do, manage to really focus the eye on the main building. Plus all the "little" buildings around it seem to be holding it up somehow. I like this shot, as everything comes together to emphasis the main subject. But no clouds....did you photoshop them out? o_O:D

The lines of the building on the left, and the flag pole on the right, leaning away as they do, manage to really focus the eye on the main building. Plus all the "little" buildings around it seem to be holding it up somehow. I like this shot, as everything comes together to emphasis the main subject. But no clouds....did you photoshop them out? o_O:D
Thanks Rob. I appreciate your comments. I must add, however, that just because we live on the Earth that doesn't mean every part of it we are in must be covered in clouds. There are places on the Earth where you can look up sometimes and see blue as opposed to the gray-black cloud cap hovering perennially above Scotland. :p

You speak of strange worlds, Brian, beyond the imagination of a mere Scotsman. I have much to learn about the universe. Perhaps there is one Scotland in the gamut of multiverses which has blue skies, but it ain't this one!

Last edited:
A fine shot indeed and I agree with Rob about the way the angles help the main subject. I really like the PP too. What are the coloured splodges at the bottom left though?
Thanks Pete. I don't know what the splodges are. I'll have to take a look at the raw image and see if they're there.

That is a great one! The angles make it look as if the buildings are sprouting out of the ground. The different styles of building give a history of architecture in one city block.

Back