Critique Welcomed I'm not going to flood the forum...

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Davie Hudson, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Davie Hudson

Davie Hudson Well-Known Member

just back from the highlands so i'll post a couple and put the rest on my website

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Craig Sperring

Craig Sperring New Member

All amazing shots!
    I really like #1 with the amazing clouds and #2 could defo be a still from the Highlander film!
    Tops shots as normal!
    Craig
    :)

3. Kev Pugh

Kev Pugh Well-Known Member

Top stuff Davie top stuff indeed, the first for me very nice :)

4. Davie Hudson

thanks Craig, funny you say Highlander, if I remember rightly he was born on the banks of Loch Shiel.... that is Loch Shiel lol

5. Craig Sperring

Craig Sperring New Member

Just reminds me of the scene in highlander where Mel Gibson is walking over the hills.
    Could well have been filmed there then? lol
    Like I said all top top shots! :)
    Craig
    :)

6. David Mitchell

David Mitchell Active Member

Amazing shots as usual :) #1 looks awesome though, amazing to be able to show the scale like that in a photo.

7. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

8. Davie Hudson

i think it was filmed mostly in Ireland though there were scenes shot at Eilean Donan Castle near Skye

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brian, the iPhone shot of that came out well too

9. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

No, that's Harry Potter country. Admit it, Davie, that's why you were there!

Great shots, btw :D

10. Davie Hudson

you're right Rob, Right behind me was the Glenfinnan Viaduct made (more) famous through the Harry Potter films lol. What can I say, i'm a geek :D I have a Harry potter tattoo and everything

11. Beth Anthony

Beth Anthony Well-Known Member

great shots! i like the church photo.

12. Davie Hudson

thank you Beth

13. Dan Cattermole

Dan Cattermole Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble

Epic Davie, especialy the last one!

14. Davie Hudson

Thanks Dan :)

15. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Flood away Davie, these are superb. When's your exhibition (and where)?

16. Davie Hudson

it runs from June 29th to October 3rd and is in Dundee, it's between 35 and 50 pictures depending on size and what works.

At the start there will be me, the head of the centre and the creative director deciding what goes where and getting the balance right :)

To have a sneak preview of the pictures (so far) have a look at www.trainquilityexhibition.co.uk

17. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Wow, looking good Davie. There a couple that seem to sit out of the main theme (eg the figurehead) but they provide some contrast. Look forward to seeing the final selection. Must see if I can get up that way. :)

18. Davie Hudson

the figurehead was put in purely for commercial reasons, it is attached to the Frigate Unicorn which is also moored in Dundee :)

19. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Smart move, and it's a damn fine shot too. :)

20. Davie Hudson

it's one of those i would describe as a throwaway shot if you know what i mean, absolutely no effort needed to get it... though in saying that I have a Tumblr account and it is by far the most popular photo i have on there