Palm Springs, Baby!

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Darren Bradley, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Cracking new set Darren - The purple in the mountains in #1 is gorgeous

The sun going down in Palm Springs always catches me out - it's like someone switches the sun off early as it disappears behind the mountain - one minute it's daylight and the suns high in the sky - the next second it's this odd twilight and the sun is gone.

Makes for lovely photos though - I'm inspired to get out there this year and have a go.

2. Darren Bradley

Darren Bradley Active Member

Thanks, Chris. You planning to attend the Palm Springs Photo Festival this year? It's the first week in April.

3. Chris Dodkin

Oooo, don't know about that - will had have to look it up - thx. :)

4. Darren Bradley

Here are a few shots that I took at the photo festival a couple of weeks ago, as promised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Chris Dodkin

Damn these are some fine images Darren - you've been a busy man! :)

The dusk shots are some of my favorites, love that purple sky shot.

But then you also got some amazing clouds in the daytime - the City Hall shot is wonderful

6. Darren Bradley

Thank you, Chris. I have been busy, indeed, but not that much behind the camera, alas...

I was happy with the results, although some of them don't necessarily reflect my normal style as I was trying to do some different things as part of the workshop. Sorry you couldn't come up!

7. Chris Dodkin

Damn work got in the way (again) :(

8. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Some really nice stuff again here Darren. I'm particularly taken by the second shot, inside looking out, and I like the colour shot of the palms (No 4) with the bit of movement / blur in them.

9. Darren Bradley

Thank you, Pete!