Critique Welcomed Return To North Park

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Chris Dodkin, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

So you thought of another excellent use for the 617. I too prefer to Velvia because of the stronger intensity of colour but also the image itself as the truck lights make a huge difference to the image.

2. Chris Dodkin

Chris Dodkin West Coast Correspondent

Thanks Milan - agreed, natural vs artistic

3. Chris Dodkin

Thanks Paul - I'm trying to expand my comp horizons with the camera - it's all about training the brain :D

4. Paul Lange

Paul Lange Moderator

It must be difficult, I know how much you hate 16 x 9 format and 16 x 7 is almost as terrible. :D

Chris Dodkin likes this.
  5. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister Active Member

The Velvia one is outstanding, Chris. I'm personally not too excited about the Provia version, but the first one is great.

6. Chris Dodkin

Thanks Keith - I know what you mean - I go back and forth on one vs the other

7. Keith Hollister

Keith Hollister Active Member

Aside from the lack of the truck marker lights in the Provia version, it has that "brown cast" that I really dislike in color photography. It's like I'm looking through a strong skylight filter.

8. Ivar D. Larsen

Ivar D. Larsen Well-Known Member

I second Milan here. Velvia is too punchy most of the time, on film anyway and have a tendancy of making it a bit unnatural. But it is a matter of liking I guess. The compo is very good though as well as the lights.