She Is Not Dead

Discussion in 'Landscape and Architecture' started by Rob MacKillop, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Rob MacKillop

Rob MacKillop Edinburgh Correspondent

Who doesn't love old graveyards...?

1. She Is Not Dead
    she is not dead.jpg

2. Three Breadths
    Three Breadths b.jpg

3. Lichen
    lichen.jpg

4. Owl
    owl.jpg

5. Sky
    Sky.jpg

6. Welcome. We have kept your reservation. We hope you have a pleasant stay.
    welcome.jpg

Leica Q2. No filter.

2. Dave Farnes

Dave Farnes Well-Known Member

"She is not dead"? Sounds like a job for Dr. van Helsing.

A fine set. So many interesting things to see in old graveyards.

Rob MacKillop likes this.
  3. Pete Askew

Pete Askew Admin

Exactly. What a fine set. The owl is a rather interesting detail. Was there a parrot carved on the first grave by any chance? :rolleyes:

My favourite though is the satellite dish. There is something about the shadows and dish together that seems in conflict. Not sure why though.

4. Rob MacKillop

Thanks, gentlemen.

Yes, the satellite dish is so completely out of place. I like the absurd juxtaposition and tension between it and the rest of the scene.

The "Three Breadths" is interesting, as how the bodies are generally spaced in graveyards. Strange to see it carved onto a stone.

5. Brian Moore

Brian Moore Moderator

These are great, Rob. That wee owl is an interesting feature. I wonder what the backstory is there. And that satellite dish! That's comedy genius! All of these are very interesting to gaze at.

6. Rob MacKillop

I'll try to find out about the owl, Brian. The graveyard is only 50 yards away from our house. Yes, love the comic dish. Just so out of place, yet I'm glad it's there.

Brian Moore likes this.
  7. Dave Young

Dave Young Active Member

Nice set of photos Rob. Really can't beat a graveyard in sunny weather in black and white.... always found them quite quiet too. :D

8. Rob MacKillop

Yes, Dave, nice and quiet. But I'm in no hurry to set up residence :eek::D

Pete Askew likes this.