2nd home-developed film

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Yes, I screwed up again :mad:

I warmed the tank (with the film in it) with water at the temperature the monobath would be at, and then I put the monobath in - only I had forgotten to pour out the water! I soon realised the problem, of course, as a mixture of monobath and water overflowed the tank. So, I poured that lot out and poured in the monobath, of which there was just enough remaining. But that left the question of timing. I had no idea how much of the monobath had affected the film already, so I took an uneducated guess...and got it wrong.

On the positive side, I will not do that again, and nothing else went wrong. But the negs were overcooked.

I lowered the contrast a little in Lightroom for each shot, and managed to salvage a few, but I'm feeling a bit down about being so forgetful. Next time will be better!

Ilford HP5 and the M-A with old Leitz lenses.

Playground.jpg

Birch Trees.jpg

Grasses Saughton.jpg

Bandstand Saughton.jpg

Tree Saughton.jpg

WoL2.jpg

PS I did learn that too much time in the chemistry renders films with a lot of grain! So I could pretend I was deliberately push processing...:oops:

Last edited:
Life is a learning experience! You have got some good pictures there.

I really like the first one. The contrast between children's games in the forground and professional adult games in the distance makes for a great image.

Back