Critique Welcomed 4th Gig Shoot - Black Grape @ The Mill, Digbeth

Mark J. Allen

Well on Friday I had another opportunity to be gig photographer for Black Grape, this time in Birmingham and it was a less nerve racking affair where I think I finally have settings nailed AND i got to test out my new Sigma 105mm f2.8 OS HSM Macro and I must say it's a fantastic lens, not quite what I wanted but the 70-200mm f2.8 was out of my budget.

Here's a selection of shots (all shots can be seen at www.facebook.com/mark.j.allen81

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_08_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_11_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_29_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_31_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_44_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_55_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

Black_Grape_29-03-2019_59_WM by Mark Allen, on Flickr

What do you think? Critique always welcomed good or bad.

A good set overall I think, Mark. The stronger images are the close shots I think. The wider shots are all good, but I think they lack a bit of atmosphere and feel rathe static. Maybe try some at slower shutter speeds (lower ISO even) to get a bit of movement in. What do you think?

A good set overall I think, Mark. The stronger images are the close shots I think. The wider shots are all good, but I think they lack a bit of atmosphere and feel rathe static. Maybe try some at slower shutter speeds (lower ISO even) to get a bit of movement in. What do you think?
I Agree, I have a few more gig shoots coming up so may try some of that, the past coupld i've been getting used to the "First 3 songs no flash" rule and panicking about the time slot really but i'm learning

Back