A day at home, not out of the ordinary.

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

To get to know each other for whatever it is worth. Well, we'll always be strangers as strange as we are, but to show a bit of ourselves is difficult for some, and for others, not quite so. As an extrovert, I feel there is nothing to be scared about, and we may get to know one another a bit more if we dare show a bit more. And as I have mentioned, I feel at home here, so why not invite you all to our house and show you what a normal day looks like at my home?Morning has broken..jpg

Attachments

• passing by.jpg
    passing by.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 5
  • wood stacking ahead, winter is coming..jpg
    wood stacking ahead, winter is coming..jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 5
  • anything built is built on purpose I believe.jpg
    anything built is built on purpose I believe.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 5
  • having started.jpg
    having started.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 5
  • others work too.jpg
    others work too.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 5
  • part of harvest.jpg
    part of harvest.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 5
  • to dry.jpg
    to dry.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 5
Be careful, Ivar. Putin is watching you. He will use these against you, and steal your logs. It’s amazing how everyday life can change. Yours looks peaceful: a two-story house and a substantial and useful garden. I hope it stays that way!

Sorry, I’m just worried about that whole region.

Be careful, Ivar. Putin is watching you. He will use these against you, and steal your logs. It’s amazing how everyday life can change. Yours looks peaceful: a two-story house and a substantial and useful garden. I hope it stays that way!

Sorry, I’m just worried about that whole region.
Thanks for the concern Rob, but actually it isn't that farther to Scotland on a jet plane. We are practically neighbours😇 you know. All's well.

You live in a very attractive area, Ivar, and I would love to lead your/your kind of life there. The only thing that would scare me is the cold.
Cold, haven't you heard about the climate change Gianluca? The globe is cooking you know. Besides there's no cold weather. Only poor clothing and poor insolated house from 1900, runs in the family.😅

Cold, haven't you heard about the climate change Gianluca? The globe is cooking you know. Besides there's no cold weather. Only poor clothing and poor insolated house from 1900, runs in the family.😅

I always feel cold, no matter how many layers of clothing I wear. But I have heard of climate change, in fact I am thinking of buying a piece of land in Greenland ;)

In and around my place...
The front walk (Fall)
front walk with leaves 2.jpg
The street out front (Winter)
street snow.jpg
Where I spend a lot of time.
my spot.jpg
House from the front (Spring)
the house.jpg
Looking out the front window (Crape Myrtle in bloom - Fall)
front window - small.jpg
The neighborhood in 590nm InfraRed
looking northwest.jpg

Where I spend a lot of time.
View attachment 20406
House from the front (Spring)
View attachment 20407
Your setup is like mine but mirrored -- My laptop is on the left, 24" monitor on the right, with a corner desk (although my desk is older, probably cheaper and definitely more beat-up). Two CR-Vs? We were a purely Honda family for the better part of 20 years and have had at least one for 35. But I replaced my 2010 Accord with a 2021 Chevy Colorado last May, so our only Honda is my wife's 2014 CR-V (although our daughter next door has as 2022 HR-V, so...).

Guess I need to break out the camera and shoot around the house a bit...

And now for some not-in-the-slightest-artistic cellphone snaps... Here's my exciting life (NOT!)

I went out to the garage and caught my daughter's adopted outside stray tomcat, Diesel, napping on my truck hood / bonnet. His brother Petrol was apparently out roaming somewhere. I didn't have the heart to move him, but I need to run an errand so it's just a matter of time.

20240918_104710.jpg

We recently replaced all our ratty old carpet with hard flooring, so in the process much of the previous clutter got boxed and / or thrown and / or given away. We're still in the process of more carefully decided what to "re-clutter" with, so the house looks a bit bare in these two shots. But I like it that way so far!

Living room - We took delivery today of a hearth rug, which is currently upside-down on the floor in an attempt to flatten it after being rolled for shipment. Our cat Lulu is checking it out while Albert snoozes on the couch. We also have curtains for almost every window still in their shipping boxes, but until some shower / tub refinish work is complete in our bathrooms (dusty!!) they won't get hung. So we're still using our ratty old broken mini-blinds.

20240918_120041.jpg

My "computer cockpit", in my newly bare "office room" (kinda mini-man-cave). The chair is one my daughter was going to discard (it's all torn up, but still sits comfortably) so I have it until I get around to buying a better replacement.

20240918_113824.jpg

And now for some not-in-the-slightest-artistic cellphone snaps... Here's my exciting life (NOT!)

I went out to the garage and caught my daughter's adopted outside stray tomcat, Diesel, napping on my truck hood / bonnet. His brother Petrol was apparently out roaming somewhere. I didn't have the heart to move him, but I need to run an errand so it's just a matter of time.

View attachment 20424

We recently replaced all our ratty old carpet with hard flooring, so in the process much of the previous clutter got boxed and / or thrown and / or given away. We're still in the process of more carefully decided what to "re-clutter" with, so the house looks a bit bare in these two shots. But I like it that way so far!

Living room - We took delivery today of a hearth rug, which is currently upside-down on the floor in an attempt to flatten it after being rolled for shipment. Our cat Lulu is checking it out while Albert snoozes on the couch. We also have curtains for almost every window still in their shipping boxes, but until some shower / tub refinish work is complete in our bathrooms (dusty!!) they won't get hung. So we're still using our ratty old broken mini-blinds.

View attachment 20425

My "computer cockpit", in my newly bare "office room" (kinda mini-man-cave). The chair is one my daughter was going to discard (it's all torn up, but still sits comfortably) so I have it until I get around to buying a better replacement.

View attachment 20426
I like the story and.it allows me to get to know more about my fellow photographers here. That makes me at least, feeling good.

Back