Critique Welcomed A few oldies from Nice (the city...)

Stephen McCullough

I was running through some older photographs, looking for something nice to print; our walls need to be refreshed.

In 2005 we visited London, Paris, and Nice. I particularly enjoyed Nice. During the day and evening there was great food, the beach, and some street photography. I went for a long walk very early each morning. I met some great people as they were opening bakeries, setting up the market and so on. We stayed in the old city.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Here are a few, taken in the relatively early days of DSLRs. I updated them to the latest LR engine, and played a bit with VSCO presets. They are all pretty typical. My excuse is that I had returned seriously to photography in 2003 after having my film gear stolen in Africa in 1998.

Nice 05053.jpg by Stephen M Photography, on Flickr

Nice 05042.jpg by Stephen M Photography, on Flickr

Nice 05025.jpg by Stephen M Photography, on Flickr

Very nice (not Nice:)) Peter. I like the 3rd best overall because of the way the building at the end of the alley is illuminated.

Thank your all for looking, and for your ( Nice ) comments. Number 3 makes a nice print. In fact I am a bit annoyed I didn't print it years ago. Oh well.

Beautiful architecture photos in France... that's right up my alley! They're all well done, but I also prefer the last one for the same reasons... Really gives a nice feeling of being there, and I know these streets well!

I have to say number 3 as well, just wonderful with the building at the end illuminated like that and the rest of the alley in darkness. Took me a couple of looks to see the pigeon and now that I have my eye keeps being drawn to it, so well placed it looks like it's having stroll.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say number 3 as well, just wonderful with the building at the end illuminated like that and the rest of the alley in darkness. Took me a couple of looks to see the pigeon and now that I have my eye keeps being drawn to it, so well placed it looks like it's having stroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Paul

I am not sure why, but I like that pigeon.
While I like this photography too, what I enjoy most abou it I are the things I see that I might do differently. I'll just have to go back to Nice.

Back