A Little Thin

Ralph Thornton

I call it "A Little Thin" because the footholds are just that. This is from a mountaineering trip in Glacier National Park in Montana this past August. We had to traverse this deep couloir in the cliff face in order to reach some easier slopes out of the photo off to the left. It was on the same trip as the Mount Logan Sunrise and the Monkey Flowers photos. Let me know what you think.

9678070045_e86b5d41d8_c.jpg

Wonderful shot Ralph. I looks like a wonderful place.
Many years ago I soloed the Appalachian Trail through Virginia. I loved it...but I will tell you I would NEVER do a trail like that. I just don't have the man jewels.:eek:

My mantra in a place like that is, "Pay attention to the business at hand and DON'T LOOK DOWN!"

I'm getting dizzy typing this!

Love to see your travels Ralph

Thanks all. This was a very interesting location well off the beaten path. I passed this way some 20 years ago. Seems like it was a little more difficult this time though.

wow that looks amazing place........not one that i would fancy getting to, feeling queezy just looking at the great pic

Oustatanding!! My kind of place!
Very well composed. :)

Thanks everyone. That trip was a good one that all three of us who were there will remember for a long time.

@Brian Moore
It scared the crap out of April ( the gal with the blue pack) too. She says she just follows the boots in front of her. :confused:

Back