A Sprite in the Garden

So very nearly caught it!

Xmas%20Sprite-3_zpsnrvav6ze.jpg~original

Leica M9 + 35mm Leica Summilux M f1:1.4. ISO 160, 1/30s at f1:1.4. PP in LR, Nik ColorFX Pro 4 and Nik SilverEFEX Pro 2.

You have employed a Sweedish log splitter? Have you informed the immigration department?

That character looks suspiciously like a Viking Gnome to me. :)

Now firstly, if he has employed anyone, hopefully a swede, they are notoriously insubordinate and it is to be reported to what the americans call the IRS, tax collectors in other words. Secondly, but more importantly, there is a vast difference between a viking and a gnome. A viking is a huge human being about 160 cm above sea level at that time. A gnome is a character which resembles Santa and is about the size of wood stump and lives among them. The gnomes came about approximately at year of 1800 and can still be found in Norway. Vikings were warriors while the gnomes are mostly doing funny mischievious things. Please do not mistake a gnome for a swede. That is too much flatter for the swede. Swede my foot!:mad:

Now firstly, if he has employed anyone, hopefully a swede, they are notoriously insubordinate and it is to be reported to what the americans call the IRS, tax collectors in other words. Secondly, but more importantly, there is a vast difference between a viking and a gnome. A viking is a huge human being about 160 cm above sea level at that time. A gnome is a character which resembles Santa and is about the size of wood stump and lives among them. The gnomes came about approximately at year of 1800 and can still be found in Norway. Vikings were warriors while the gnomes are mostly doing funny mischievious things. Please do not mistake a gnome for a swede. That is too much flatter for the swede. Swede my foot!:mad:
Swedes wear horned hats just like your people Ivar. :)

Gnomes are very keen on fishing, many garden ponds feature a gnome with a fishing rod. So, does a Sweedish fisherman have a secret desire to be a gnome? :)

Back