Acer Aspire One Netbook - small, portable and useful for storing photos on the move.

Paul Lange

I'm going to ebay my Aspire one netbook soon but it occurred to me that it could be useful for anyone who wants to store back ups of their shots while our and about. Its small and portable and has a 100gb hard drive so loads of space.
It has a built in SD, XD and Memory Stick reader as well as the usual wireless, Ethernet, USB etc etc. 1.6Ghz processor and 512MB memory and I believe its quite easy to upgrade this.

I've just loaded Vista Business SP1 and will supply the disks and the valid s/n. Also has all the required drivers already saved on the HD. It's also running Comodo Firewall and Antivirus which is an excellent free internet security suite that has got me out of trouble many times.

I'm looking for £130 as it will be supplied with a valid copy of Vista with S/N

Acer.jpg

There you go! This is the one I took for ebay but might have to change it. Oddly take too god a pic and people assume you pinched it from the web. Although on this pic you can see it's lost a rubber pad at the top of the lcd.

... ah ... we are after a little atom a330 machine ... i dont know what it means eather ... apart from the acer r3610 has a a330 chip and its happy streaming video to my big tv ...
i think we are just gonna have to look for another r3610 to make sure it does what we want it to

I would like a 35mm fast prime lens. Been after one for ages and almost bought the f1.8G from Jessops as they were selling it for £170 and I was walking past. However they have none in stock anywhere and over 900 on back order due to the Japan crisis. They must shift huge amounts of stock is they have that many on back order.

Just as I was waiting to open this thread I was going to suggest that lens if you said somthing else!
I'm in the shop Thursday and will ring nikon for you find out if you have been string a line on that 900 figure ... And if we could get one for you and time scale etc if you like?

I think the 900+ is figure is correct as the guy showed me the screen it said something like 980 and 0 stock in stores!
Yeah, if you don't mind having a look for me. I bought a giant ball head instead though so may hang on a while until I sell the Acer and a few other things before I buy it. Know anyone interested in a set of Martin Logan Aeon-i with brand new panels by any chance?

How much you floggin them for?
I'm getting my valve amp back and want some new speakers for the loft ...
... Don't too get excited I'm flat out of spare molar with baby on way :)

How much you floggin them for?
I'm getting my valve amp back and want some new speakers for the loft ...
... Don't too get excited I'm flat out of spare molar with baby on way :)

With new panels they can go for around £1200 - £1300, possibly more as the only risk (dodgey panels) is negated.

They are lovely Hamish and I'm sure the baby wont mind going without a few romper suits for a while.....

Back