An Open Invitation

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
One of my students yesterday gave me two free tickets to the Scottish Open Golf Championship today. I like watching golf on TV, but had never been to a tournament. Susan came along too. We didn't stay the whole day, but I did see two names I know: Podraig Harrington and Phil Mickelson.

I thought the Fuji XS-1 zoom would be the best choice. It's not my usual genre, and I became more interested in the landscapes and fans than in the players.

The best fast-food van ever:

Last edited:
Thanks, Julian. Yes, tee-shots are really boring, and also not allowed...

The chimney/roof one took my by surprise. It was some distance off, hence the shake at full zoom (which I would never have got with the wimpy RX100!).

I don't like the colours on these shots. Take the first, which I haven't tampered with. The blues and greens are odd looking. Fuji is renowned for its colour renditions, but I don't like what they've done here. They're not the sort of photos I want to spend time editing for colour.

A very fine set sir, a one to be proud of. I think you did great, but I have no clue about what tee- shots are and why they are not allowed. Please enlighten me! The synchronised one amuses me!:D

A tee-shot is the initial big shot for each hole. Cameras are not allowed, mainly because they make a noise, especially when there are thirty or more of them going off JUST before the club hits the ball. I protested that my camera was totally silent, but that didn't help my case!

A tee-shot is the initial big shot for each hole. Cameras are not allowed, mainly because they make a noise, especially when there are thirty or more of them going off JUST before the club hits the ball. I protested that my camera was totally silent, but that didn't help my case!
You got that close to them did you? :rolleyes:

Back