An ordinary lake on an ordinary day

I’d be happy doing nothing there.
Thanks! And a good thing, at that -- Since there's very little to do there! :) LOL

Actually it's not a bad place, just a tiny little man-made lake with pine trees down to the edge in most places. That's kind of what makes it challenging photographically, at least for me. There are caravan / camper slots on the other side of the lake, camping areas, a few old picnic tables, a couple of fishing piers, etc. It was initially developed in the '60s and some of it has seen apparently precious little upkeep since then. But the camping and fishing side of things is what's used the most. The trails are mostly overgrown and the restrooms have been closed for years. Of course, that's only one of many effects of (IMO) misplaced priorities at the state level, lack of funding, etc. But that's a whole 'nuther story.

Very well done this photo in its gentle colors and naturalness of landscape representation.

I wouldn't underestimate the possibility of getting good photos also by including those caravans, those picnics, those fishermen you talk about. Maybe in the end you might get satisfaction from photos that include the everyday human element as well.

Back