And, with a Mighty Roar...

the three BMW engines burst into life.

Roar-1-3.jpg

Cambo Legend, Schneider Super Symmar 120mm f1:5.6 MC, PhaseOne P45 back. Side-lit with a Bowens focussing spot flash driven from a Bowens Quadmatic Asymmetric generator (1 kJ s) with light bounced back from left by a white wall plus a burst of smoke from a smoke generator. 1/30s at f1:11 with 15º left swing on the front standard. PP in CaptureOne Pro 7, PS and Nik SilverFX Pro 2.

Last edited:
Now that works rather nicely Pete now for the smoke, bring it on. and don't worry about Hamish he is not an Aero anorak clearly :D and that aerial line shows up nicely....;)

Still want more smoke Pete.........nicely swirling around the prop cowlings.now that would look the dogs B's........;)

If I light from the nearside that should be quite easy as you get some nice trails pulled in while the engines are running. The trouble is timing it all. Wind engines, release smoke, wait till it clears a bit, start engines (run for about 15-20 seconds), take shot at the right moment. Maybe lunchtime tomorrow though! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a detail from he original file.

Roar-1-5.jpg

Very nice, Pete. Wonderful, in fact. Can you put two little figures walking off into the distance, a la Casablanca?

Wrong AIRYPLANE Mister.......... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Pete timing is everything and I'm sure you''ll crack it. I'm play with my Panzers and smoke atm but batteries in remotes died :( bugger so need to go shopping before I can complete..........

I like that ... What have you done to get the streak?

The streak, I think, is the antenna wire that goes from the cockpit to the vertical stabilizer.

Nice work there Pete!

But Pete.....oh Pete..a lot of smoke and maybe a black out and very quick shutter should disguise it nicely :D

Back