Apotheosis Mini-Me's

Brian Moore

XANutcracker1stSatShow-025.jpg

Normally the Apotheosis in the Nutcracker is performed by bigger girls. This year, however, the chreographer decided to include the smaller girls with garlands, too.

This is a still image from sidestage at the Nutcracker put on by Ballet Etudes of Huntington Beach, California.

Olympus XA with Kodak Ultramax 800 ASA film.

Thanks a lot, Pete. I was thinking the exit sign was a distraction. But I decided to leave it in due to my reluctance to post process or crop. However, if you think it's complimentary I'll feel better about it.

Yes,...the oil lamp is a prop used by "Herr Drosselmayer" to illuminate the path as he leads "Clara" off stage.

Thanks again, Pete.

I really love your backstage shots mate!
You could almost have an entire blog dedicated to them i think!
the blur on the tutu things makes a lovely texture i think
And i love the green mimicking the colour in the exit shot ... maybe it hints at the nerves of the performers ... ???

the green mimicking the colour in the exit shot ... maybe it hints at the nerves of the performers ... ???
I was tempted to crop the exit sign out; I thought it distracted the eye. But as you know I prefer not to crop my foties so I left it in. I'm glad I did (I think), since it's been mentioned now a couple of times. Thank you very much Hamish.

Back