Bridgnorth on Kentmere 100

Ralph Turner

Kentmere 100 is a nice, finer grained complement to it's faster sibling (to my eyes, anyway). Here are a few views of Bridgnorth, from a couple of years ago. Taken on my Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 and the Yashica 50mm f1.9 DSB (lab dev in Xtol). The town is certainly very photogenic.

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    890.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    904 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    702.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5114.jpeg
    IMG_5114.jpeg
    873.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    743 KB · Views: 5
I've never seen Bridgnorth, but after viewing these images I really would like to visit. The second shot gives a good overview. Can you walk the banks of the Severn, or has private property restricted access?

I've just realised I studied them all for several minutes, and not once thought of the film, I was just absorbed in the photography. So that means I give Kentmere (and the photographer) a big 👍

Thank you for your kind words, Rob. Unfortunately I can't speak for what access there might be along the banks. We stayed up in the town mooching about. Although my wife has visited there a few times in her younger days, this was my first visit. I would like to go back some time, spend a bit more time just taking piccies.

Unlike Rob, I was mostly looking at the tonal range of the film and I may need to give Kentmere a go (realizing that I'm not likely to ever visit Bridgnorth your images will have to serve as my only introduction - and a good one at that).

Thanks, Gary. The Kentmeres may be a budget emulsions and often judt promoted as good options for learning on, but they are quite capable and can deliver 'the goods'.

Back