Central Park at Night

Brian Moore

Huntington Beach Central Park, that is.

Me and Sadie had to take some of her books back to the library the other night and so I took my C33 along with me. (7D also.) Figured I'd get a few night shots of the park, which surrounds the library.

The poor dug couldnae figure it oot. She kept saying to me, with her eyeballs, "Whut ur ye dayin'? Let's get oot o' here! (She telepathizes her thoughts to me in a Scottish accent, by the way; don't know if I've ever told you that.)

Anyway, this was about a 20 second exposure. (I counted it off.) It was Ilford FP4 that I developed in Caffenol. Only problem shooting in the dark, dark, darkness? Ye cannae focus the bliddy camera!

HB Central Park at Night by brian-moore, on Flickr

That's just a super shot Brian, I think I even understood the story that went with it!

So, did you use the 7D metering to judge the time of exposure?

That's just a super shot Brian, I think I even understood the story that went with it!

So, did you use the 7D metering to judge the time of exposure?

It's not everyone that can understand Sadie's occasionally convoluted stories and dialect, Chris. Well done! ;)

As to the timing of the shot,...no. I just guessed at the time. However, I DID attempt to use the 7D's meter to estimate a couple of subsequent shots with the C33, but confound me, they didn't look good!

Thanks for the comments Chris.

For all your difficulties Brian, I agree that it is a super shot :)
Much appreciated, Lesley. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Brian, I missed this one somehow. But I'm glad I've found it now! Fantastic light and detail. Just the tiny distraction of the lamp off to the left. Nothing that some reframing at the printing stage couldn't sort out though! ;)

Thank you, Pete. I agree completely about the lamp.

Yep i agree for all the troubles it worked out. Love the water part especially.
Much obliged, Julian. Thanks for the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like this shot. Such an interesting atmosphere, which grabs the attention. 20 seconds exposure in the dark? Really nice.
Thanks, Rob. Much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite. Think George Micheal and park toilets and you will be getting somewhere close. Apparently Central Park (NY) is well known for it. Central Park in Huntington Beach seems much safer however.
I haven't noticed George Michael at Huntington Beach Central Park yet, Paul. Thanks for the comments, Paul.

Back