Come, pain, feed on me. Bury your fangs in my flesh.

Gianluca Drago

Quote from Virginia Woolf.

This post probably stems from a painful gastrointestinal virus that has hit me these days. Please be lenient, I have not yet fully recovered 🙏 :p
The plant is a big agave that grows close to home. The photos are from a Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 M2 and were heavily edited in Darktable.

Attachments

• dc-lx100m2-1012153_01.jpg
    dc-lx100m2-1012153_01.jpg
    994.3 KB · Views: 10
  • dc-lx100m2-1012154.jpg
    dc-lx100m2-1012154.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A vicious-looking thing, Gianluca! I would have nightmares sleeping close to that.

Beautifully shot, I must say.

Sorry to hear of your physical problems! Good luck with that…

2024-02-28_20-44.jpg

Also in this photo I went overboard with the blue. I don't know why, but I discovered recently that closely adjacent to my office there is a succulents' greenhouse that is full of peyote plants. I wonder if it has any influence on my doors of perception [cit. Aldous Huxley]. Indeed, if I open the window of my office I can absorb vapors of saturated colour :)

I have everything needed for the extravagant journey that is my life [cit. Carlos Castaneda].

Last edited:
It's not a Blue Agave, no tequila today :). Sorry to disappoint you @Brian Moore, but as I said the photo was heavily edited in post (to a degree that usually I don't like). So it's kind of a fake, the original colour was more gray than blue.
:confused: Disappointment!

Back