Contraption

I think he's a diver in a diving suit at a coffee shop counter. I don't know why he has an imperial eagle on his head, but certainly a rare encounter, definitely worth photographing.

But it might even be Elon Musk's latest creation, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
I think he's a diver in a diving suit at a coffee shop counter. I don't know why he has an imperial eagle on his head, but certainly a rare encounter, definitely worth photographing.

I wouldn't know if or how rare this thing is. I expected it to be found in other parts of the world, but here... :- /

The imperial eagle is a sign that the class struggle is approaching its climax. Next, I bet we'll see banks all over the places, poxy imperialists...sucking the blood of the people, and so forth and so on...

Elon Musk, you say? Nooo, it couldn't, could it? Too obvious...

I wouldn't know if or how rare this thing is. I expected it to be found in other parts of the world, but here... :- /

The imperial eagle is a sign that the class struggle is approaching its climax. Next, I bet we'll see banks all over the places, poxy imperialists...sucking the blood of the people, and so forth and so on...

Elon Musk, you say? Nooo, it couldn't, could it? Too obvious...

Julian, I hope you caught the irony of my comment.

Your photo is very well done and oozes with colonialism and neo-colonialism.

The blackboard written in chalk in the background is now an ubiquitous presence, a symbol of the homogenization brought about by a globalization of taste that has long been destroying local identities.

The machine itself - which pertains to a much earlier era - bears the words "Made in Italy," but it makes a strong case for the name "Brasilia," just as the coffee we drink very often is " Pure Arabica."

I don't know exactly what I'm saying, but it seems to me that your picture is a fine document of our times. It has historical and contemporary references.

I've lived in Italy for centuries and I've never seen a coffee machine like this, but I've seen so many strange things happening and twisting history or unfortunately tracing the history of a hundred years ago, as is happening perhaps now.

I was already grinning as I read through your comment Gianluca, but then the mention of Mr Musk cracked me up... I'm still chuckling.😂

Great photo of an, erm... Interesting object!

Back