Copenhagen

Ralph Turner

From 2003 and our jaunt to the continent. The last week was spent in Denmark and, whilst in the Capital, we visited The Church of Our Saviour, with it's scary external spiral staircase right up to the top of the spire. I'm actually not over keen on heights, but it had to be done. On the way back down, I took a series of images with my Minox. I thought I felt pretty ok despite the height. It wasn't until I took the camera out to use that I realised my relatively chilled demeanour was all front. My hands were shaking badly. How I didn't fumble it and lose the camera over the handrail, let alone take any steady photos, is a mystery.
Photoshop did quite a reasonable job of stitching the scans together. The file here is 4,000 pixels wide, the original nearly 23,000.

Attachments

• IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
My wife and I were there in 2009 - we started and ended a 10-day Baltic cruise from there. We arrived two days early and and did some wandering around the city (the usual touristy stuff). Interesting pano Ralph.

Thanks, gents. We only had the (fairly short) day there. We were staying for the week in a chalet near Bogense on the north coast of Fyn, so iit was a fair drive to the city and back in a day. Started out early, got back rather late. We were almost tempted to drive over the bridge to just dip our toe in Sweden. I'm glad we didn't as we probably wouldn't have got back to the chalet that night.

I don't see the Little Mermaid, though.
Circa 2009. Oddly enough she's not always there as she sometimes goes visiting (on loan to foreign art museums).62.jpg

You must have climbed down the bank to get that perspective on that little bronze statue. We walked around quite a lot while we were there. I remember going into Tivoli Garden and walking along Nyhavn. We also walked down/through Strøget and I recall a posted sign referring to "Boring, OR" which is just up the road from us (in Gresham). I don't recall where we stayed but it was quite cozy (i.e.: small).

Interesting name for a place - not boring at all 🤔☺️. From Wikipedia - 'Boring has often been included in lists of places with unusual names. In 2012, Boring was named a sister city of the village of Dull, Scotland, and later joined Bland in Australia, in the "Trinity of Tedium."'

Back