Darkr

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
For fun I downloaded Darkr from the iphone App store. I’ve only half-heartedly taken a shot to test. It’s a really fun app which simulates a darkroom experience, including test strip choices, dodging and burning, etc.

There a number of ‘cameras’ to choose from, including Large Format, which has the image upside down, as it would be in a full-format camera. Bit of a laugh. Medium format and Pocket Camera also available, not upside down.

It’s not as gimmicky as it might sound, as the quality throughout seems high. Images rendered b&w.

I hope to do better than this Large Format and cropped shot by spending more time with it, but it was fun to do.

IMG_2024-03-08-141440.png

I suppose I'll have to go to the app store for more details? I assume this uses the phone camera to suppy the initial shot and following that is where the "fun" starts?

I don't have an iPhone, barely have some phone that I usually forget I have. These photos don't seem to bear your signature, Rob. At the very least they lack contrast, but I understand that you need to get familiar with the new tool.

Back