Diesel on my truck, Petrol in the garage

Len Philpot

No, really. It's a gasoline-powered truck, but there's Diesel on it!

My daughter has adopted two outside / stray kitties, twin brothers, born under the deck by her apartment. She's also adopted the mother, who lost an eye and is now known as Mono, but that's another story. The two brothers are a grey one named Petrol and a black-and-white one named Diesel.

We live next door, so Diesel and Petrol typically spend much of their day lounging in our garage. They're both very streetwise and cautious, but they're coming around to us. Petrol will actually walk up to me and ask for attention. Diesel is being a little more cautious but he's getting there as well. He now talks to me and doesn't automatically run away if I can manage to pet him before he notices (he usually ends up purring instead). Both are just too stinkin' cute...

These are all pretty much quick cellphone shots of opportunity (often with digital zoom) so don't expect any great quality.

Diesel on the truck cab.jpg

Here's Petrol with his brother

Petrol and Diesel.jpg

And Mono...

Mono.jpg

Diesel is black and white, Petrol is his grey brother and Mono is their grey one-eyed mother. Mono and Petrol are very close in appearance, eye notwithstanding, especially now that Petrol left his two ... identifying characteristics ... at the vet's office, alas.

Back