digital view camera for studio photography

Max Dupliy

Hello
I'm new to the forum

Are you using digital view cameras for your product photography (from Cambo, Arca Swiss, Sinar)?
If yes, what system you use and what you like about it? What benefits it gives you as compared to regular dslr style shooting?
You are welcome to share your favorite lenses you use, either regular or macro.

Hello
I'm new to the forum

Are you using digital view cameras for your product photography (from Cambo, Arca Swiss, Sinar)?
If yes, what system you use and what you like about it? What benefits it gives you as compared to regular dslr style shooting?
You are welcome to share your favorite lenses you use, either regular or macro.

I'm (almost) new here, too. A big welcome.

Now that the historic links are working again I can reply.

Yes, I use PhaseOne backs on large format studio cameras. In Germany I use a P45 on a Cambo Legend and in the UK a P45 on a Sinar P2. In both cases using the PhaseOne sliding adapter. They fit some of the field cameras as well.

Now that the historic links are working again I can reply.

Yes, I use PhaseOne backs on large format studio cameras. In Germany I use a P45 on a Cambo Legend and in the UK a P45 on a Sinar P2. In both cases using the PhaseOne sliding adapter. They fit some of the field cameras as well.

Thanks for sharing Pete
Was interesting read
What lenses do you use with P45 and which ones you think are great with your digital back? Which ones you like most.

Do you feel like doing these movements on camera gives you more creative freedom as compared to regular camera?

I use a range of lenses, but I do have certain favourites. The Cooke soft focus lens being a good example. I use a variety of lenses for other stuff. For example the Schneider Super-Symmar 120/5.6 works very well more medium Macro work:

The second example illustrates well the advantages of in-camera movements over editing (although the limited image area makes this trickier than with film). The later live-view backs would simplify this further I guess, but with experience it’s fine.

The lenses that are limited with a back on a LF camera (at least to some extent) are those with interesting overall rendering (bokeh and non-flat field) as the effects are often most pronounced at the edges of the field of view symmetrical with the central area and of course the back only ‘see’ the central part.

I use a range of lenses, but I do have certain favourites. The Cooke soft focus lens being a good example. I use a variety of lenses for other stuff. For example the Schneider Super-Symmar 120/5.6 works very well more medium Macro work:

The second example illustrates well the advantages of in-camera movements over editing (although the limited image area makes this trickier than with film). The later live-view backs would simplify this further I guess, but with experience it’s fine.

The lenses that are limited with a back on a LF camera (at least to some extent) are those with interesting overall rendering (bokeh and non-flat field) as the effects are often most pronounced at the edges of the field of view symmetrical with the central area and of course the back only ‘see’ the central part.
Is the Schneider Super-Symmar 120/5.6 , a macro lens?
Did you ever happen to use this lens Schneider Kreuznach MACRO Symmar HM 5.6/80?

And, did you hear something about these ones?
- Cambo Actus SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH COMPONON-S 5.6 100mm Macro
- Schneider-Kreuznach MAKRO-SYMMAR HM 5.6/120 - yours is not HM, right?
-Carl Zeiss 120mm f4 Makro-Planar T* CF macro
-Contax Carl Zeiss Planar 60mm f2.8 C Macro
-Schneider-Kreuznach Componon-S 2.8/50 - Macro
-PENTAX SMC PENTAX 67 6x7 Macro 100mm f/4
-SCHNEIDER APO-Componon HM 4.5/44 MC
-SMC Pentax 67 135mm F4 Macro

Or these enlarging lenses?
- Schneider-Kreuznach APO-Componon HM 90mm 4.5 Enlarging Lens
-Fujinon EX lenses, 75mm
- RODENSTOCK APO-Rodagon N 50mm f/2.8
-SK 150mm F/5.6 ENLARGER LENS
rodenstock 120mm f/5.6 apo-rodagon D enlarging