Critique Welcomed Disused Military Tank Repair Workshop

Paul Lange

I like this but can't explain why. Maybe it is just my odd sense of taste. Another taken while I was in Riga. This place was a Soviet repair and service workshop for tanks, I presume the crane was used to remove the turrets. Today it is used as a scrap metal store.

_DSC1720-Edit.jpg by Paul R Lange, on Flickr
Taken with a Sony DSC RX100. I spot metered the brightest part of the sky, locked the exposure and then set the camera to +2EV. Used LR to reduce exposure and recover the highlight detail that was hiding in there somewhere.

Fabulous Paul. Love the composition and the cool palette. It's interesting the way the eye moves through this shot. Almost ending up at the very modern looking structure on the skyline but finally returning to the buildings below the crane. Very nicely done (and metered to perfection!). :)

The Spielberg war of the worlds is what it reminds me of... Just needs to have a touch more grain and it could be a still (if you squint a bit) :)
I like it too!!

I like it, it seems to have a nice glow about it.

Nice. When I first opened this Paul I was taken by the little parts of the scene...the red car...and path through the snow into the building. The yellow tractors...the castle like building in the top left...then I went to the top right and found the proof that there real alien spaceships in the Soviet Union. [stalkeyes]

The crane looks like the scrap body of an AT-AT Walker from Star Wars :D
Great picture.

The guy did try to tell me that there was an old ion cannon in the yard too but I thought he was pulling my leg.

Hi Glen you know the Soviet Union collapsed in the early nineties don't you? I now that they have remade Red Dawn recently but it is all over now.

Or is it? Do you know somethign we don't?

Back