Critique Welcomed Do Engineers Dream of Diagonal Bracing?

Interesting name, Deception Pass - any info on that? It’s a fine shot, Brian, leaving me wondering how you got into place to shoot. As a bridge, it looks a bit rugged compared to the beautiful Forth Brig oot ma windae, which still amazes me, even though I see it every day.

Interesting name, Deception Pass - any info on that? It’s a fine shot, Brian, leaving me wondering how you got into place to shoot. As a bridge, it looks a bit rugged compared to the beautiful Forth Brig oot ma windae, which still amazes me, even though I see it every day.
Thanks Rob. The Deception Pass Bridge is rather a big tourist attraction up here. The views from it are quite wonderful. However, the bridge itself--actually it's two bridges, one connecting Whidbey Island to Pass island and the other connecting Pass Island to Fidalgo Island-- is nothing compared to the Forth Brig, which is a magnificent thing.

Deception Pass is so called because the first explorers in this neck of the woods thought it was merely a bay. However, a little later on a Captain Whidbey, Royal Navy, discovered that it was really more than that and led to the further discovery that the land mass now named in his honour is actually an island, now called Whidbey Island.

"Deception Pass" because it deceived the first explorers.

Motor traffic across the bridge can be quite busy, so to get from one side of it to the other pedestrians walk under the road. It was this under section that allowed me to get this fotie.

Back