Edinburgh Festival and why I can't stand it!

Hi Rob and welcome to RPF. Er, haven't I seen you somewhere before?! ;)

I like the way you have, in general, focused on the crowds rather than the acts. You have portrayed that sense of 'hell on Earth' well I think. I especially like the scattering of people on the grass - maybe an entry for the, so far non-existent, people from above theme! From family groups to single figures and even some sort of competition (and the obligatory DSG of course - whatever happened to him - must have gone back to his home planet!). I also really like the last shot. Desperate for fame!

Oh dear. How did I put them into the Meet and Greet section? I'm losing it! :eek:

People From Above? There might be a theme there. Who's next?

That poor singer-songwriter in the last image, performing to two indifferent lads. And he must have put so much work into his concert. The crowds, alas, walked on by.

Great set Rob....I don't have to go now, I've seen it all.

One of the many reasons I hate cities and/or crowds...oh give me a home, where the buffalo etc....

Cheers, Dougie. I used to hitch hike through from Dundee for the Festival, sleep rough overnight. Had quite a few adventures. These days I do my best to avoid it, which is probably sad...

Never mind Rob, we all go wrong some times, albeit you did not here with the images I mean. They are great, a very good series. You should do more of it. Did you use a 80 mm on all of them?

I think we can consolidate our dislike of crowds by sitting, removed, at the computer keyboard. Although from a distance you braved it Rob. I am sure you missed out on the self congratulations of importance in such environments from the entertainers . Here I admit to being a part of at one time, although I can say I never felt comfortable and most uncomfortable admitting to oneself on occasions those feelings of self importance were a much needed crutch.
The cow did make me chuckle. I also wonder why the guy playing the guitar has no audience yet somehow makes the strongest image.

Back