Edinburgh - film shots

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Got my last roll of film back on disc. Three shots of Edinburgh with Pentax K1000. Had to work hard in Photoshop to get something out of them.

I enjoyed doing film photography, but that will be the last for a while, as it can be expensive.

tree-sun by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

grate1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

This one could have been cropped better. The frame is not right, and, no, I wasn't wearing sunglasses...:cool:

mirror-window by RobMacKillop, on Flickr

Three nice shots, Rob. I especially like the look of #3. It's got some kind of cinematic/surrealistic thing happening. I also like that the position at which you are holding the camera when taking the shot makes it look like you're not taking the shot. Very cool fotie!

Great set Rob, as Brian said, the surrealism is spot on with number 3. Love the way you've composed that shot.
Number 1 is also great, the lens flare is fab and makes the shot.... But I do see a square crop on that take I must say! :p :D

You guys are too generous. Really. But thanks for the continued encouragement.

Yes, the first could be a decent square crop.

The second is an indication of why I love photography. I've passed that window a thousand times, but never noticed he little hearts. Neither had my wife until she saw the photo. Now I'm noticing so much more.

The third - hmm...glad you like it...!

Back