Critique Welcomed Evolvement

Brian Moore

Things are changing.

This is a B&W infrared image that I played around with in Lightroom. (I didn't "replace" the sky, it's just a color that emerged when I applied a preset I had made.) I fancied the picture as commentary on architectural as well as environmental change. I shot this image with my Sigma Quattro SD and Sigma 30/1.4 with Hoya R72 filter.

Going a little too far for my taste, but I’d defend to the death (well, maybe not that far!) your right to do it, Brian. I guess it could be a useful skill to develop for, say, magazine work. So, not my thing, but I look forward to seeing how you develop these ideas.

Undoubtedly, it is a very pushed elaboration, bordering on graphic design, which is both its virtue and its shortcoming, but in my opinion it is visually very powerful and evocative. I like it.

Going a little too far for my taste
I get that Rob. It's a bit "out there."
I’d defend to the death (well, maybe not that far!)
You disappoint me.
I look forward to seeing how you develop these ideas
Not sure I'm going anywhere with this idea, Rob. Time will tell. Thanks for commenting.

bordering on graphic design, which is both its virtue and its shortcoming
That graphic design quality appealed to me Gianluca, though I appreciate how it might not be everyone's cup of tea. It struck me as looking a little like photomontage, which i also liked. Thanks for your comments, Gianluca.
but I missed the reference to environmental change
No surprise there, Rob. I thought the notion of such change might not stand on its own so I sought a title that might suggest what I had in mind. Thanks again, Rob.

Back