Far Ings Nature Reserve...

Shaun Haselden

Located close to Barton Upon Humber in Lincolnshire, this is a shot taken at Far Ings nature reserve. A nice place to visit but it holds no feeling of remoteness like the east coast salt marshes do. Beautiful weather though made it a must do.

Attachments

• Far Ings Nature Reserve Barton On Humber Lincolnshire.jpg
    Far Ings Nature Reserve Barton On Humber Lincolnshire.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 10
Nice separation in the image Shaun, what did you take the image on?
Wes, I love seriously restricted depth of field so I used a Nikon 135mm f2 AFDC lens but I didn't use the focus decouple which was set to zero. Camera was a Nikon D4S. ISO was 100 and f stop was f4.

Thanks for sharing the rig info Shaun, I may one day get a new Nikon D camera, I'm fond of my D2H thanks to the impeccable metering and colour rendering, I'm betting the D4S is showing all the improvements of the years there.

Also feel very similar about depth of field, it can really make an image.

Thanks for sharing the rig info Shaun, I may one day get a new Nikon D camera, I'm fond of my D2H thanks to the impeccable metering and colour rendering, I'm betting the D4S is showing all the improvements of the years there.

Also feel very similar about depth of field, it can really make an image.
Wes, I use either a Nikon D4S or Nikon D600 and they are widely different to each other. The D600 is extremely sharp and contrasty whereas the D4S is just the opposite having a low contrast, slightly soft rendition close to that of film. I love the D4S for most of my landscape/pictorial images but love the D600 for sharp edged/man made images.

Back