Feathered nuisance

Julian Tanase

This fellow has decided to make himself a nuisance, and he took it upon himself to be the harbinger of doom. The doom of my sleep, that is.

I have a small house in the mountains, not very far away (some 200 kms), built years ago. Pretty comfy and not so many mod cons in, I like to keep it rural of sorts. Of course, the basics are more than covered. My wife was adamant that a chicken and a rooster would fit this idyllic tableaux quite well, so she had those birds (they are birds, right?) living in our small courtyard. They do thrive, but no eggs. No idea why not and I could not care less. I'm not there for eggs, just to rest and read or write.

However, this feathered fellow is the most grating, irritating, nettlesome and pestering living thing on Earth, if you ask me. Security cameras show him kind of silent and well behaved while nobody is on the premises; when I arrive, he starts to cock-a-bloody-doodle-doo every 5 minutes or so, no matter if it is day or night. And I have the nagging feeling he's enjoying every minute of it, he does.

Well, I've a mind to learn a new soup recipe, the one where a rooster is the best ingredient. Not chicken, mind, no. Rooster. And I know where such one can be procured.

Seagull 4A TLR, Retropan 320.​

IMG_20210627_211059.jpg

Back