Foggy Lane

Lesley Jones

Otherwise know as Zooey
I've come to the conclusion that fog isn't easy. Even with no sun, there is more light than you think and there are still highlights and shadows to recover. It's gloomy too, but go too dark and you lose the wonderful pearly tones in the distance. This caught my eye the other morning as we were reversing out of our drive on the way to work. Too late to rush back for the camera and the next morning was quite clear - until the sun started to rise. This isn't actually a lane, but rather the old coach road that runs past our property. Not used for many years, it is now overgrown and only used by the wildlife... :)

Foggy%20Lane.jpg

Lesley this is magnificent. Love it to bits. I heard the south east weather forecast, I think flights where delayed at Heathrow, my first thoughts where, I hope the fog comes this way.
I do enjoy the light from fog especially on the beaches. Although in those scenarios there is less detail to contend with.
Back to the picture. It is as if I was there. Superb.

Lesley this is magnificent. Love it to bits. I heard the south east weather forecast, I think flights where delayed at Heathrow, my first thoughts where, I hope the fog comes this way.
I do enjoy the light from fog especially on the beaches. Although in those scenarios there is less detail to contend with.
Back to the picture. It is as if I was there. Superb.

Thanks Julian! I wish for mist and fog too sometimes and then I feel guilty for people who have to travel. Actually... that was me the other night - tired, alone and driving in the dark and fog. It is a natural diffuser though and the combinations of thick fog, thin veil with blue sky showing through and with or without frost is endless. We live very close to the bottom of a valley with a river, so we do get quite a lot of mist. The trouble is that the early mornings are when I'm busy cleaning litter trays :)

Thank you Peter :)

Very nice indeed Lesley, just about right and conjures up the early morning, foggy feel.

Wednesday. Berlin to LHR. Scheduled for 11:15. Took off at 16:15. Three and a half hours of that was spent sitting in the plane waiting for a slot! Luckily I had 2 photo magazines and a good book!

Back