For Hamish

Vic Shaw

You got me looking through my files Hamish after you asked me what else I had hidden away. Well I found this, I think I had processed it twice before and both times I wasn't able to get it right. Again I didn't really like the composition and I did a colour and a B&W version before and neither looked any good.

This time I went for a B&W again using my method of Topaz Adjust then BP just to get a nice look, level, curves and a B&W layer then I added a couple of textures because the clouds on the left are a little 'grey' and I didn't really like them. It didn't turn out to bad, but I'm still not keen on the composition.

DSC06913v.jpg

Vic

Sneaky bugger... Holding stuff back from us is just out of order ;) heh

I quite like it mate. What's the texture you have use, looks almost like finger print in places!
Where do you get textures from?
I think the compo would have sat better with the foreground bush on the left hand side
As it stands the main subjects are both on the right...
Still a nice shot though, the sky is best part for me I think!

Thanks Hamish, it's nice to look back on stuff you didn't like the first time around. I'm nor that keen on the composition myself but it's ok.

Theres a couple of sites I get textures from here and here I don't use them that often and it takes a little play with them to get them looking ok, but it really adds (some may disagree) to a shot sometimes I think. It's not a bad thing to play with on a wet Saturday afternoon though.

Vic

Back